My overall experience with blogging over the course of this class has been a positive and enjoyable experience. It was interesting to write for an audience, instead of just a teacher or for yourself. I thought it was great practice for doing any type of professional writing. Here are a few quick tips for people interested in blogging help:
- Keep a schedule! Getting content out in a timely and consistent fashion will draw readers back.
- Good Grammar. Grammar and spelling are very important to having a credible blog. Especially if you are looking to have a more professional touch.
- Research. It is important to research topics and stories you plan to write on to find relevant events that people will be interested.
- Get your facts straight. Having the right information is key, nothing is worse than being called out on for pulling facts out of your butt.
- Tone. Pick a tone and be consistent with it. Ensure that you chose either a more professional or laid back tone.
- Stay up to date. Make sure you are writing about more current events, especially if you are looking to attract a large audience.
- Find your interests. It is very easy to write about things you are passionate about or interested in.
- Layout. Have a very clean and easy to navigate blog layout. It will make things easy for your readers.
- Steer clear of controversial topics; it is not worth the trouble.
10. Have Fun! Look for fun, find it, and have it.